I usually barely make it to Fridays, and today I've barely made it to blogging (although I appreciate the reminder text I got a few minutes ago from my twin sister that I only had 22 minutes left to blog).
This week has been quite exhausting emotionally. I'm happy that it has reached its end. I've learned valuable lessons and gained new insight into other people and myself, so it will probably all be for the best, but I'm looking forward to hitting the sack tonight and waking up to a brand new day tomorrow.
Plus tomorrow is the Masters, which means that my dad will come over at some point, we'll crack open a new bag of Lays potato chips and watch golf.
Golf is the ideal sport for me to watch after a week like this. Seriously. A sport in which staying focused on the present, not the past, not the future, is absolutely critical. A golfer might completely mess up on one hole - the ball might go into the trees, into the lake, into every bunker on the course, and despite all that, the golfer has to focus on the goal - getting the ball in the friggin' hole.
And when they stand at the tee on the next hole, they can't be playing over all the mistakes they made and beating themselves up with all the could-have-beens. Nor can they be forecasting all the possible perils ahead. They have to focus on the present, on the task at hand.
So this weekend, I too will try to stay present to the task at hand. The next right thing. And when I start stressing about the papers that remain incomplete, the readings not yet finished, the vocabulary not yet learned, the grammar not yet mastered, the emails not yet replied to, the taxes not yet filed, I will just try to refocus on the present. And I'll try to do the next right thing.
So at this present moment, I am grateful that you're reading this blog. And I am clicking "Publish Post."
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment