Wow, exhaustion makes motivation for BEDA harder than I thought, but I shall press on.
So to continue the introduction from yesterday, I am also...
...a TV junkie
I watch a lot of TV. Some good. Some not so good.
Of shows currently airing, I watch The Amazing Race, Brothers and Sisters, How I Met Your Mother, Real Housewives of New York City, 90210, Make Me A Supermodel, America's Next Top Model, Lost, Millionaire Matchmaker, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, The Office, and 30 Rock. I usually watch 24 but missed lots of episodes at the beginning of this season so I am not watching it yet this season. My favorite shows are probably Lost and The Office (Rainn Wilson, I love you. Call me!)
Shows not currently airing that I watch include Project Runway (not sure how it's going to be on Lifetime - yipe), Top Chef, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Big Brother, Entourage, and Mad Men (Jon Hamm, I love you. Call me!)
My favorite TV show of all time is Freaks and Geeks. If you haven't seen it, please please please go rent it buy it watch it. (Paul Feig, I love you. Call me!) I also have incredibly soft spots for The Wire, The Sopranos, the first few seasons of Battlestar Galactica (don't talk to me about the finale... I just can't right now), and My So-Called Life.
... a film nut
Someone once asked me to make a list of the classic films they should see. I think they expected a list of ten films or so, and instead they got a five-page list with two columns on every page. Maybe I'll hunt it down for BEDA. My boss at the time looked at it and said it was hard to take seriously a list of classic films that begins with "Airplane!" but the list was alphabetical, and I totally stand behind that. It is a classic!
It's impossible impossible impossible for me to pick a single film as my favorite, but when people pressure me to pick just one, I usually say Annie Hall. Among my other most favorite films that spring to mind at the moment are My Life as a Dog, The Sweet Hereafter, The Third Man, The Usual Suspects, Casablanca (Bogey, I love you. Call me! Oh, wait.), The Night of the Hunter, The Sweet Smell of Success, Sunrise, Hoop Dreams. I do like a lot of old/classic films, as you can tell from my list, but I also appreciate newer films, when they're good. And I insanely love documentaries.
My favorite films from 2008 were probably The Dark Knight, Burn After Reading, The Visitor, and Happy-Go-Lucky (ENRAHA!). It was a weak year for films.
For years and years, I wanted to be a film critic when I grew up (the reference to Gene Siskel in my last post was not incidental), so I would love to use this blog to write about the films I see in April.
...a voracious reader
Duh. Actually, reading for school pretty much wipes me out for lots of other kinds of reading, but when I do return to reading just for fun, it is such an intense pleasure, I swear I will do it daily, and then I do and then I trail off again. My favorite book of all time (what is it with me and favorites?) is Enduring Love by Ian McEwan. Other favorites that spring to mind include The Little Prince, All the King's Men, Playland, Confederacy of Dunces, One Hundred Years of Solitude, and ANY Patricia Highsmith book. What haven't I read? The Harry Potter series. (I know, I know.) Over winter break, I read the first Harry Potter book, and I enjoyed it, but I just haven't gotten totally on board yet with reading the whole series. I also haven't read Twilight, but I know that is a much more recent phenomenon and less powerful that the Potter fandom.
...a crazy cat lady?
Naaaaah. I do have two cats, and I am almost 40, but I don't think I've achieved crazy cat lady status just yet. My cats' names are Fenster and Bella. Fenster was named after Benicio del Toro's mumbling character in The Usual Suspects. I'm sure I'll mention them from time to time. Maybe. Well, actually, probably not, but at least they give me something to write about here. Ooooh, maybe I'll show their pictures too. Actually, posting pictures to my blog of my cats will probably solidify my crazy cat lady status once and for all, but so be it. [Pictures redacted.] Actually, never mind. I can't do it. I pasted in the pictures, previewed the page, and I can't be that person yet. Not the person who posts pictures of her cats on her brand-new blog. Not on the 3rd of the month. Let's wait until I get desperate. Oh believe me, it'll happen.
Okay, I am now officially sick of talking about myself. I know I didn't even get to music yet but all I really need to say there is They Might Be Giants. So now that I've introduced myself, I will look forward to blogging tomorrow about something OTHER than me. Hopefully.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment