Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April 29

So I am a few hours away from my 40th birthday. It's gotten pretty festive already. Last night Theresa and Ryan took me out for a nice dinner at Rivoli, and today I've been getting lots of Facebook and Twitter love already. It's quite nice, really.

Now I have one cat passed out on my lap, one behind my shoulder, and it's a pretty chill night.

I actually don't have much to say. Tonight I have wasted all kinds of time on blip.fm, a site where you can blip/tweet songs that you like. I've blipped/tweeted more songs by guys than women so I was on there trying to find a suitable chick to blip, and I wasn't coming up with much. I ended up listening to lots of Rufus Wainwright. I love him.

Yesterday I got a scary email from the summer language program I am participating in. They wrote to say that they had faced big budget cuts so could now only take six of the 14 students they admitted. Luckily I am one of the six. I would have been hosed had that not been the case. They sent lots more specific information about traveling there, as well as visa forms and a housing questionnaire to fill out. It's all becoming more real by the second.

I haven't hung out with my internet peeps in a few days, and I'm missing them. I don't know if the novelty or appeal has somehow worn off, if they're busy killing zombies together instead (they all play some zombie-killing game on xbox or something), or if they're just super busy, like I am. Whatever the reason, I hope we'll have some time to hang soon.

Tomorrow will be largely a normal day for me -- lectures and sections (for which I'm still reading at the moment). Tomorrow night I'm having dinner with my dad and twin sister, and I'm looking forward to that.

So sorry this entry is so random. With just one day left in BEDA, this entry certainly lives up to the blog's title, no?

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment