Writing a blog while the sun is still up. Crazy.
Today was even worse than yesterday, if that is possible. I had a wonderful talk with my sister about it, as I drove her to the airport, and the conversation really helped me put in perspective what is so jacked right now, but at this moment, I just want to get shitfaced. And I don't drink that often. So the desire to get completely drunk must be the desire to numb out, fuzz out, warm up, and just let go.
My friend Theresa, who passed her oral exams yesterday (the last major hurdle before doing fieldwork), is having a celebration at karaoke night tonight, but I kind of don't want to be around people. Maybe I'll go. Not sure. I don't have to decide for a little while.
My favorite beers are Pilsner Urquell and Heineken.
Today I got some good news about a language program I applied for in Indonesia this summer. I got into the program I really want to attend, so I am stoked. As soon as I found out, of course, I started wondering about internet access there. Gots to have my internetz.... :-)
Tomorrow, depending on how my day goes, I might write my Slumdog Millionaire post, because I'd like to write about it and why it shouldn't have won the Oscar. So stay tuned for that.
I have been checking out a bunch of VEDAs. Some are better than others. Some well-subscribed ones are not that great, and some of the ones that aren't getting any views are pretty good. Here's one that I think should be getting more views. This guy is no John Green but at least he's got something to say in all his vlogs so far (which is more than I can say about some other vloggers), and I think we should encourage him!!
Senor Squeaky Desk's YouTube channel and VEDA vlogs
Thanks for supporting the VEDA-ers by subscribing, watching, rating, and commenting!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment