Yep, I BEDA-failed again. Two times in just a few days. What the heck...
I logged on a few times yesterday to do a BEDA post but really and truly could think of nothing to say. School stress is at an all-time high for me at the moment, with only two weeks left for classes, paper-writing, grading, teaching, etcetera. I felt pretty consumed and paralyzed by that yesterday. My TiVo continues to fill up with shows, and I know that when I'm behind on my shows, my life is really out of whack.
Right now, as I type this, my upstairs neighbors are singing karaoke. It started with 'Like A Virgin,' then 'More than Words,' and while I haven't yet identified the current tune thumping away and being screeched along with, I'm sure it will hit me in no time.
Today, Jon Hamm is going to be on Kevin Pollak's Chat Show. 5 PM Pacific Time if you read this before then.
For me, as a devoted watcher of Mad Men, this is the most exciting guest they've had so far. Samm Levine from Freaks and Geeks and Christopher McQuarrie, the screenwriter of The Usual Suspects, were good guests for me too. Actually, all the guests have been good. The episode with Jim Gaffigan and Joe Mantegna probably still remains my favorite because of the quality of the conversations (and because Joe Mantegna says "Atta girl, Martha!").
I spent about an hour yesterday thinking of questions to submit for Jon Hamm. (Instead of blogging, I guess.) Here's what I have. (Please remember that because I need to tweet the questions, they need to be 140 characters or less. That's why some of them aren't as eloquent as I would like.)
-- You won a Golden Globe the year they weren’t on TV (writers strike). Who from your past & your present would you have thanked in your speech
-- What’s the funniest, most mortifying, or most awkward piece of fan mail or fan attention you have received?
-- How was the transition going from such a female-dominated show (The Division) into Mad Men, which centers so much around masculinity?
-- Can you talk a little about the challenges/delights of collaborating with Matt Weiner and the incredible ensemble cast you get to work with?
I know the last one is very very open-ended and vague but I wanted to incorporate Matt Weiner and the rest of the cast somehow into a question, and I couldn't think of one. I love Mad Men!
So the show starts in about three hours. I really need to read until then. This week in the seminar I'm taking, we are reading the professor's book, so I would love to come in super-prepared with some awesome questions. Perhaps I can devote the same energy to coming up with questions for that as I did for my Jon Hamm questions? I need to finish the book first.
I also need to eat something. Somehow it's all Old Mother Hubbard around my house. I have a lot of microwaveable mac and cheese, and a lot of microwaveable brown rice, and some tortellini, but other than that, I gots nothing, and none of that sounds good for lunch. So maybe I'll run out now for a food run and return with all kinds of junk food because that's what I inevitably buy when I am hungry. Hostess cupcakes, potato chips, all varieties of bread products... I like carbs. Yummm.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment